Lightweight, powerful, deadly - there's a reason the Secret Service and US Special Forces carry a tactical strike pen. This discreet self-defense tool puts confidence in your pocket, knowing you have the safety of a purpose-made instrument at your fingertips. If you're going to carry any item as your daily, it needs to be a Tactical Pen.
These days I really like running on trails. It is like baseball to me. It is like hitting a free throw every day. It’s not a runner’s high, it’s just my touching the ground and progress making event every day. Here’s are some thoughts on this sport that is thousands of years old.
Performing regular running…
brings better physical conditioning as well as other health benefits.
Jogging also provides physical and mental enjoyment.
I know that can be hard to imagine if you are not a regular runner, but there begins to be an anticipation for the run, an expectation of a certain joy in the movement of feet to the earth.
Here are 9 HEALTH BENEFITS OF Running
Running on a regular basis gives a distinct positive effect upon one’s general health. The effects are:
* Running makes the heart stronger. It increases the capacity of the blood circulation and aids the respiratory system.
* It speeds up the digestive system and helps you get rid of digestive issues.
* It counteracts depression. I have read studies which show that exercise by itself is more effective than the current drugs available for depression and anxiety.
* It increases the capacity to work and lead an active life. Even though, we often think we have no time for running – people who run have found that they are more productive.
* Running makes you burn fat and thereby helps against over-weight.
* If you suffer from poor appetite, running will improve your appetite.
* Running will strengthens the muscles of your legs, hips and back. However you will not get very big muscles from jogging.
* Running makes you sleep better.
* Running improves your core muscles and aids in proper posture.
THE PLEASURE OF Running
Running gives you physical and mental enjoyment, even when it is somewhat grueling. When running is done correctly, you will actually feel less tired when you have finished a tour than before you began. You get good feelings in your muscles during the running and afterwards. Our bodies were made to move. You will feel the wind blowing against your body. You will hear the birds singing, the music of running water in the streams, or the sound of waves dashing towards the seashore. During the running you will may get a slightly euphoric mental feeling after some time, commonly known as the “runner’s high.” I haven’t really felt that, but there is a good amount of endorphin flowing to ease the sore muscles and such.
CLOTHES AND SHOES
The type of clothes you were must be suited to the weather conditions. In warm weather, shorts and a t-shirt is enough. However, it may be useful to carry along an extra piece of clothing wrapped around your waist if you run out on a long route, in case the weather changes. In colder weather you need to add more layers of clothes. In either case, the requirements for the clothes are:
You should use light and soft clothes without any sharp or scratchy areas, hard edges or massive folds. They should sit fairly close to your body, but not so close that you feel squeezed, trapped, or so that your movements are hindered.
The clothes should give good ventilation for moisture and sweat and perspiration through the fabric. The fabric should ideally hold water totally out from the outside, but this requirement is difficult to achieve together with the requirement of good ventilation. Wal-mart carries a variety of moisture wicking shirts for around $5 each. These are also much lighter than cotton shirts.
You should use fairly soft shoes, but with a good shape fitting the anatomical shape of your feet. The soles should easily bend during the normal movements of your feet, but support well against the ground. The underside of the sole should give friction against any type of grounds, so that you do not slide during jogging. The soles should buffer well against each impact from the ground. The trend is going away from the high wedge at the back, because most people run improperly by landing right on the heel. I would look for a more “neutral” running shoe and seek to land more on the front half of my feet for ease on the joints.
Running ROUTES AND SESSIONS
Running may be performed in a lot of ways
* Long distance jogging 5-20 miles in a moderate speed on even roads or paths.
* Short distance jogging 1-4 miles.
* Running upwards in a steep terrain 1-3 miles, in a speed adjusted to the steepness
* Running in a hilly terrain with paths going both up an down 2-6 miles
It is advisable to vary the type of running from day to day. Then the jogging gets fun and you get a variable type of training. I prefer trail running because I enjoy nature. I recently spent a week on vacation where I ran solely on the road. I missed the trail but I was glad to switch it up for a few days.
HOW TO PERFORM A Running Workout
You should move slowly with little efforts the first few hundred meters to warm up your muscles. Then you gradually increase your muscular work and speed. When you have done half the route, you can take a speedy spurt using most of your capacity. If the route is long enough, you can take two or three spurts using nearly full capacity.The last hundred meters you gradually slow down again. I prefer to start and end with 5 minutes of walking. It seems to help. People who are just starting would benefit from a timed schedule of walking for two minutes and running for 2 minutes. Build up your run time after a few days until you are comfortable with your running.
STRETCHING YOUR BODY BEFORE AND AFTER
It is advisable to stretch out both before and after each running session, and not only the muscles in your feet, but your whole body 2 minutes before and 3-4 minutes after the session. When stretching out do the following movements:
* Bend forward and touch your toes.
* Kneel down on one of your feet, and stretch the other out backwards.
* Bend your body to both sides.
* Stretch out an arm, grab something, and turn your body round so that your arm is bent backwards.
* Shoot your abdomen foreword, so that your spinal column is stretched into a bow.
* Place your hands behind your neck and stretch your arms backwards. Then twist your body to left and right, also bend to each side.
After the jogging it is sometimes best to wait a few minutes before you stretch out, so that the worst fatigue has gone away first.
WHEN AND HOW OFTEN
If jogging is the only sport activity done, a jogging session every second day is ideal. This is enough to give all the health benefits and increase your condition and endurance gradually, but without wearing yourself out. If you combine jogging by other types of sport activities, 2 times a week may be enough.
You should not be too hungry before jogging, but it is not advisable to take a jogging session straight after a big meal. The time of the day does not matter, but your jogging should not be the first thing you do in the morning.
HOW TO BEGIN
If you are not accustomed to physical activity before you start jogging, it is advisable to consult a doctor before you start. You may have health issues that is not compatible with jogging activities, or that you must consider when doing your jogging.
The first times, you should only run on plain ground and only for 10 minutes. Then you can increase the time, distance and speed, and choose steeper and more difficult paths.
Here is a nice comment we received from email:
I run every day, somewhere between 3 to 8 miles. Thanks for sharing!! – Jerry